Sunday, August 1, 2010

A changed heart.

Until about a year ago I didn't know what to do around people with Down Syndrome. It wasn't that I didn't think they didn't diverse to be loved I just didn't know what to do. I am ashamed to admit I thought they were weird. That was wrong.

After reading about Down Syndrome, the adoption ministry of Reece's Rainbow and discovering how truly stunning and beautiful these people are I have been changed. Today in church there was a boy between 10 and 13 who had Down Syndrome. What first drew him to my attention was not the fact that he had Down Syndrome but that there was a young man holding a doll. As we sang to God he made the doll clap along with the music. It was so precious and innocent. He was so beautiful.

I was tempted to point him out to the person sitting next to me but I didn't want them to think that I was pointing him out because he was different when really it was because I was touched by him. I hope that the people around him see him as a precious gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment