Saturday, October 8, 2011

Food for Thought.

A lot of changes have occurred in my life in the last couple months and as a result I haven't been able to keep giving/doing the things that God has put on my heart. I knew when I started school that I wasn't going to be able to give in the same way that I have been in the last year - but I didn't think that I'd be struggling as much as I am. When I changed programs (at school) this September my tuition jumped by a significant amount and I have been struggling to pay for things that used to be routine, such as paying my visa bill and gym membership.

I have considered doing a lot of things to try and save some money. I am trying to work as many hours as I can manage (I am fortunate that my boss has allowed me to work on a "come as I have time" basis...so thankful for that.). I considered dropping classes such as choir - but that I such a wonderful time of fellowship and is good for me as it helps me to get to know students that I wouldn't normally be brave enough to talk to. I considered dropping kickboxing - but that is so good for me. Not only does it keep me in shape but its clears my mind, allows me to meet people, relieves stress and helps me escape from my troubles. I think its important that I stick to do.

Despite this....I still want to be to do what I have done in the last year. Participate in mission trips and give to those adopting internationally. Those are things that God has put on my heart and just because I can't give the way I did before doesn't mean I can't give.

This got me thinking...What gifts has God given me that I can use to help others?

Then it hit me - and although I haven't done this in a couple of years it seems that the skill is still there!

I am still formulating a plan on how to make this work - but God willing it will happen. Look for posts about this in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment