Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Quotes!

Some days people say things that amuse me to much not to write down. These are courtesy of people at work.

Two weeks ago at work I wasn't feeling very well...and Ms. V (who immigrated from Sri Lanka not long ago) says to me "You look like a....something."

Today I was looking at (and trying to decide if I should buy) a pair of shoes that are rather unique. This is the conversation that occured.



Me: Well, I don't know...they are kind of crazy.

Ms. V: Well, you look crazy, so it works.

Me: That's true.


Some of our shoes have rather unusual names....the most mind boggling one is called Stone Her. But I was looking at the shoes mentioned in the last quote. We had this conversation.

Ms. C: What are they called?

Me: (dreading trying to say the name) ...Vaglia...

Everyone: breaks out into laughter.

Ms. C: I think we need to rename that shoe.

We proceeded to try to find less awkward ways of pronouncing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment