Thursday, June 11, 2009

My brain - its like the energizer bunny!

So...its currently 4:53 AM, and I have yet to fall asleep. It's not that I haven't tried, because I have, it just isn't working. My brain is funny like that, if I don't do enough during the day I can't sleep at night despite how little sleep I got the night before, or how physically exhausted I am. I don't even know what I think of while I lay in bed trying to fall asleep. All I know is that it just keeps going, and that's the way that it's always been.

A few months ago my Dad came across a news segment called "The Boy Who Couldn't Sleep." When I was visiting home one weekend he showed it to me, and I was amazed to discover that the little boy has "Chiari I Malformation." Just like me! Out of all the research I've done I hadn't been able to link my ability to sleep to Chiari, until that moment. I was (oddly) excited! Here is the video:



Listening to that little boys Mom talk about how it effected her life is like listening to my mom plead with me to go to sleep. I don't think she understands that I literally can't. I was not NEARLY as bad as that Rett, thank goodness. I am so glad he is doing so much better now!

I noticed while in Rosebud I slept a lot better. I think it has something to do with the level that my mind was occupied while there. By the time I went to bed it had actually been worn out. Now that I am away from school, I am bored and not occupying my mind - thus the sleep issues.

Don't get me wrong, there are actually a lot of things I love about staying up all night. It's peaceful. It gives me alone time with God. The stars are beautiful. So are the sunsets. Sometimes I think its a hidden gift, I have grown to love the night and being able to watch the like from dusk till dawn.

I think I will go do a jigsaw puzzle now. Or clean....or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment