Monday, June 29, 2009

Another hard days work




This weekend was filled (Praise God for that!) with Passion Play Rehearsal. I always come home tired and exhausted but, ultimately it is a great experience. The weekend was filled with tender moments with people I love, unbearable heat, ice cream with a friend, and hard work.

This is the first year that I think I actually am starting to understand the play. Obviously I understood what happened before, but I think its really starting to hit me. My relationship with God is reaching a level of maturity where the thought of anyone hurting him, nearly moves me to tears. I am thankful for this.

There was one point in rehearsal on Sunday where everyone was yelling and screaming to have Jesus crucified. I am one of the few who does not turn on him, as I have been healed by him. As everyone around me screamed "kill him!" "He blasphemes!" A wave of terror swept over me as all of a sudden five people were ganging up on me - trying to get me to turn.

One thing I am extremely grateful for this year is my eyes! The last two years I have had to spend the vast majority of crowd scenes backstage because my eyes would get extremely red, soar, and watery from the sun. But not this year! My eyes have been doing very well. No more sitting backstage with wet paper towel over my eyes in attempt to cure the pain!

The pictures: The first picture is the rock I hide behind before the show starts. The second is the view from where I am hiding. The third is a photograph of my shadow, since no one was around to take it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment